Court orders FIR against KE bosses on boy’s electrocution

Home » Karachi

KARACHI: The District & Sessions Court East on Monday ordered registration of FIR against K-Electric (KE) chairman and chief executive officer after a reported death of an eight-year old boy due to electrocution.

The 8-year-old boy, Azhan Khaleeq Siddiqui, died after receiving electric shocks at Alamgir Society, Model Colony during the rains last month.

Following the boy’s death his uncle Taufeeq-ud-Din Siddique, who belonged to the Jamaat-e-Islami, moved the court seeking registration of a case against the KE bosses.

The complainant told the judge that KE’s apathy claimed another innocent life but the company’s management and the authorities concerned are still avoiding paying heeds. He said that the child received a fatal electric shock from an electric poll in the area, despite the fact that repeated complaints had been lodged to KE for few days in connection with the faulty poll but all in vain.

The judge directed the Model Colony police to lodge the case as per complainant’s allegation.

[related_post themes="text" id="320941"]