Van burnt due to short circuit in electrical system

SIALKOT: In Daska city, an empty passenger Toyota van was burnt completely after fire erupted in it due to short circuiting in its electrical system here Monday. The water-less vehicle of fire brigade station remained unable to extinguish fire, resultantly, the van burnt completely.

Reportedly, a Toyota passenger van (GTC-4636) was going to Sialkot from Lorry Stand Daska, when it reached at Civil Hospital Chowk Daska, suddenly smoke started oozing out from van’s batteries due to short circuiting. On this, all the passengers were shunted out from the van and meantime fire erupted in it. However, the passengers remained safe and sound.

The local people timely called the Fire Brigade Station Daska, from where the fire brigade vehicle could not reach at the spot, about a kilo meter away from the station. After inordinate delay of about half hour, a fire brigade vehicle reached and tried to extinguish the fire but there was no water in the vehicle. It went back to its station to fetch water. Upon this fire brigade vehicle, filled with water when re-arrived there the Toyota van was completely burnt away.

The local transporters, traders, social and political circles have expressed grave concern over this negligence and slackness of Daska Fire Brigade Staff and Daska TMA. They have strongly protested against this nasty situation, urging Commissioner Gujranwala Division Khawaja Shamail Ahmed and Sialkot DCO Iftikhar Ali Sahu to take serious notice of this incident and take stern legal and departmental probe against concerned officials of Daska TMA and Daska Fire Brigade Station for their slackness in this regard.

Meanwhile, when contacted, Assistant Commissioner Daska Zulfiqar Ahmed Bhoon told the newsmen that a departmental legal inquiry has been ordered against the concerned staff of Daska Fire Brigade Station.

Leave a Reply