Experiment of artificial rain


SIALKOT: Both Irrigation and Agriculture Departments have made a successful experiment of artificial rain in the Barani areas of Pasrur tehsil, enabling the local small farmers to enhance their per acre yield, which is subsidized by the Punjab government. The growers of Pasrur tehsil’s Barani Areas have welcomed this artificial raining system and showed keen interest in this project as well.

The irrigation department experimented, artificial rain system at the 15 acres farm of land owned by local farmer Qaiser Ali Bajwa, President Anjuman Kashtkaraan Pasrur tehsil at village Poorab Kalair Bajwa of Pasrur tehsil. Rs. 1.4 million have been spent on this project.

Deputy Director Project Lahore Tariq Maqbool inaugurated this project during a special ceremony of the local farmers held there. Addressing the participants, he told that the Punjab government has subsidized the project of establishing artificial rain system, as the Punjab government gives 60 percent subsidy of total cost while the rest 40 percent is to be paid by the farmer. He said that the said system of artificial rain was the demand and need of the small farmers in the Barani areas of Pasrur tehsil in Sialkot district. He added that the said system could be established at any farm land from 3 to 15 acres. He said that the small farmers could enhance their per acre yield with 10 to 15 mounds, per acre.

He added that the growers could irrigate their fields by showering the artificial rain in their fields through this system, which would prove as a great blessing for the small growers in Barani Areas of Pasrur tehsil of Sialkot district here.

Leave a Reply