Islamabad: Mrs. Maryam Nawaz Sharif has been appointed as Chairperson of the Prime Minister’s Youth Programme on purely honorary basis without receiving any pay or perk for the assignment.
The Chairperson will act as focal person with the responsibility to coordinate, manage, finalize and supervise the implementation of the Youth Programme.
The Prime Minister’s Youth Programme comprises the following schemes:
1) Prime Minister’s Interest Free Loan Scheme
2) Prime Minister’s Youth Business Loans
3) Prime Minister’s Youth Training Scheme
4) Prime Minister’s Youth Skills Development Scheme
5) Prime Minister’s Scheme for Provision of Laptops
6) Prime Minister’s Scheme for Reimbursement of Fee of Students from the Less Developed Areas
It is pertinent to mention that Mrs. Maryam Nawaz has since 1997 been the chairperson of Sharif Trust, founded by her grandfather Muhammad Sharif, Sharif Medical City and Sharif Education Institutes.
She takes a keen interest and is directly involved in the working of Sharif Trust and its allied institutions including Sharif College of Engineering & Technology, Sharif Education Complex, Sharif Model Schools for Boys & Girls, Sharif Institute of Technology and Islamic Center.