Commissioner reviews progress on Malir flyover projects

KARACHI: Commissioner Karachi Shoaib Ahmed Siddiqui has said that maintenance of all the expansion joints of all the flyovers in the city should be continued to maintain their standard and long life.

“Designation of chief engineer maintenance should be introduced in Karachi Metropolitan Corporation, who would be responsible for maintenance of all the flyovers in the city,” Siddiqui said while addressing a meeting to review the development works of Malir 15 and Malir Halt flyovers.

Additional Commissioner Karachi I Muhammad Aslam Khuso, Director General Technical Services KMC Niaz Soomro, Chief Implementation Unit Commissioner Office Syed Muhammad Shakib, DSP Shahra-e-Faisal Faiz Ali Sahgri, Project Manager KMC Abdul Rehan Sheikh, Project Director Malir Halt Khalid Masroor and other relevant officers were also present on the occasion.

The commissioner said that the department of additional chief secretary planning and development should be written that to get the projects of Malir 15 and Malir Halt completed on time it was necessary that the projects were not revised. Because, the revision did not only increases the cost of the project but incomplete project also caused trouble for the citizens.

The meeting was told that K-Electric had completed its 80 per cent work on Malir 15, while the remaining 20 per cent would be completed within a week.

It was also decided in the meeting that there would be no compromise on the standard of the development works, while consultants would ensure the quality of the projects. The issues regarding railway would be solved in cooperation with railway management.

The post Commissioner reviews progress on Malir flyover projects appeared first on Pakistan Press International.

Leave a Reply