KARACHI: Goods worth millions of rupees were destroyed when a fire broke out due to short-circuit in a furniture factory near Godown Chowrangi in Sector 5: Korangi Industrial Area (KIA): on Saturday.
Sub Inspector Muhammad Asif of KIA police said that the fire erupted out early morning in the store of Indus Farmer Furniture Factory which gripped the building and expensive furniture present in the store. No casualties were: however: reported in the incident.
The factory sells old and new furniture. Four fire engines extinguished the flames after hours of struggle.