Fire creates panic at CHK


KARACHI: A fire erupted in a storeroom of Surgical ICU, Civil Hospital Karachi (CHK), created panic among patients and medical staff.

The fire broke out early in the morning. However, it was later extinguished by staff without any major damage. The patients admitted to ICU on ventilators were shifted to other wards.

Initial reports, confirmed that the fire broke out due to short-circuit. Provincial Minister for Health Jam Mehtab Hussain Dahar took a strong notice of the fire and constituted a committee under the supervision of Special Secretary Health Riaz Memon to probe the incident.

Mehtab informed that no loss of life and injury were reported. He said investigation committee will present a report within 24 hours.

He issued strict warning to administrative officials of public healthcares and directed them to take preventive measures to avoid such incidents in the future.