Fire flares up in glassware godown


KARACHI: A glassware godown near Lasbela Chowrangi suffered lakhs of rupee loss as gushing fire erupted in it on Monday.

A fire official told that the fire was controlled after an effort of five hours with the help of five fire tenders, two from Saddar Fire Station, one from Orangi Town Fire Station and two from Nazimabad Fire Station. The fire could have been flared due to short-circuit; however, the exact reason could not be learnt.

The fire official said Karachi fire brigade staff had not got overtime money for around four months despite working for four hours a day overtime and on Sunday as well.

The fire department is working without water bowsers which could have saved much loss from materializing.

The post Fire flares up in glassware godown appeared first on Pakistan Press International.

Leave a Reply