KARACHI: A meeting of the Executive Committee of Sindh Bar Council (SBC) was held on Tuesday under the chairmanship of Abdul Razzaq Mahar to discuss on new appointment of civil judge/ judicial magistrate in Sindh.
While deliberating about the recommendations of the provincial selection committee for appointment of judicial officers, the candidate declared successful came under discussion and it was discovered with concern that neither merit had been considered nor set principles for short listing of candidates have been adhered to in respect of 45 candidates out of 78 recommended for appointment, when compared with a result of MCQ and written test, says a release of SBC.
It said even those candidates who have qualified the written test during last two attempts have been ignored, which has created frustration amongst the young generation and prospective lawyers community.
It said according to declared result, 44 candidates securing marks in between 50 to 60 in written test have also been called for interview and declared successful in comparison to the candidates who secured above 60 marks in written test. One candidate even securing only 46 marks is not only called for an interview but declared successful by maintaining no transparency.
The SBC’s chairman and members on coming across of the gross in-justice at highly esteemed forum feel disappointed about the process of short listing of candidates. SBC’s Executive Committee recommended that if the existing process is to be continued in future at least it should be without Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and written test. SBC solicit intervention of the chief justice of Pakistan for proper inquiry in the name of merit and transparency.