Karachi: Sindh Minister for information, archives and local government Sharjeel Innam Memon said that the ongoing targeted operation against the criminals, outlaws and terrorists would continue with full force and that the Sindh provincial government was fully determined to eliminate crime from the port city, Karachi.
There was not truth in reports that made a manifest of sheer speculations about controversies between the security forces and the Sindh provincial government. Such speculations would yield fruits to none.
The Minister talking to the newsmen in his office Thursday said that the Sindh provincial government had a firm determination that the ongoing targeted operation against the perpetrators would go on till the elimination of the last criminal in the city and in order to achieve the targets of the targeted operation, the federal government and the Sindh provincial government had complete consensus and a unified policy.
He said that reports about rift between the Sindh provincial government and the law enforcement agencies (LEA) were nothing but speculation because both were fully determined to clean the metropolis from the criminals and terrorists. Sindh provincial government had full confidence on the LEAs and the later had offered sacrifices for the peace and tranquility in the city.
He said that the Sindh provincial government would soon expose the faces of those criminals that had been attacking Police and Rangers and that the LEAs had also been successful in obtaining the right clue of the attackers. He said that the LEAs had narrowed the snare around the criminals and the criminals would hardly find a way for escape.
Memon said that the ongoing targeted operation was not against any particular political party but was solely directed against the criminals and terrorists without any discrimination. The LEAs had so far arrested a large number of target killers, extortionists and others involved in heinous crimes while many LEAs personnel had embraced martyrdom during exchange of fire with the criminals.
He reiterated Sindh provincial government’s firm resolve that the sacrifice of slain SP CID Chaudhry Muhammad Aslam would never be allowed to go in waste.