Karachi, January 18, 2021 (PPI-OT): Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has said that 20 more patients died overnight lifting the death toll to 3,813 and 954 new cases emerged when 10,600 samples were tested. A statement issued here from CM house on Monday, he said that eighteen more patients lost their lives overnight lifting the death toll to 3,813 that constituted 1.6 percent death rate. Mr Shah said that 10,600 samples were tested which diagnosed 954 cases that constituted 7.8 percent current detection rate.
He added that so far 2,587,663 tests have been conducted against which 236,530 cases were detected, of them 91 percent or 214,231 patients have recovered, including 607 overnight. The CM said that currently 18,486 patients were under treatment, of them 17,518 were in home isolation, 13 at isolation centers and 955 in different hospital. He added that the condition of 870 patients was stated to be critical, including 92 shifted to ventilators.
According to the statement, out of 954 new cases, 749 have been detected from Karachi, including 287 from East, 218 South, 124 Central, 67 Korangi, 34 West and 19 Malir. Shaheed Benazirabad has 41 cases, Hyderabad 35, Mirpurkhas 20, Matiari 16, Thatta, 13, Tando Muhammad Khan seven, Shikarpur six, Kambar and Sanghar five each, Jamshoro four, Tando Allahyar, Umarkot and Ghotki three each, Khairpur and Nausheroferoze two each, Dadu, Jacobabad, Larkana and Sukkur one each. The chief minister urged people of the province to follow SOPs.
For more information, contact:
Chief Minister House, Sindh
Tel: +92-21-99202019(Ext: 336)