BA continues debate on Balochistan budget 2017-18

QUETTA: Balochistan Assembly continued debate on provincial budget for 2017-18 here Tuesday.

A lot of members of the House took part in the discussion. They included Kishwar Jattak, Dr Ruqiyah Hashmi, former provincial Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch , Izhar Hussain Khosa, Mohtarma Husn Bano Rakhshani, Adviser Mohammad Khan Lehri, Chairman PAC Abdul Majeed Achakzai, provincial minister Jaffar Mandokhel, Syed Liaqat Agha, Mohtarma Anita Irfan, Dr Shama Ishaq, Mohtarma Arifa Siddiq, Manzoor Kakar, Mohtarma Yasmeen Lehri, Adviser Obedullah Babat, Asim Kurd Galloo.

These members said Budget is god. Ministers are not ministers of their constituencies but of the whole province. T is demand of justice we should keep all constituencies in view. We have to give rights to the people then we ask Federation for our funds. They said fact is 24 districts have been given 48 percent funds and remaining 8 districts given 52 percent. This imbalance should be removed.

They said government has accorded priority to law and order, education and health, Attention has also been paid on other sectors. One thousand 870 schemes would be completed during the year. Rupees 86 billion historic development budget is there and its implementation projects would be prepared for welfare of the people. They hoped that Nawab Sanaullah Zehri would accord equality to all the members as of Dr Abdul Malik Baloch.

They said there is need to further pay attention on improving law and order, education and health. They said studies at Turbat University were going on but situation at Loralai University is bad. They said classes should be started at three new medical college.

Strongly criticized at blockade of CNIC for Pashtoons they said Pashtoons are citizens of this country. Issuance of CNIC should be ensured.

They said this is the region where we are living has a war like situation. Tug of war between Iran and Saudi Arabia was going on. If our rulers did not play an impartial roe and pushed them to this war it would have impacts on Balochistan. Both Saudi Arabia and Iran are respectable for us and we regard them. We need impartial attitude.

They said Balochistan has earned bad name for corruption therefore Operation Raddul Corruption should be launched here.

They said this is fifth and last budget of this government. After 18th amendment federal government has ignored our province in every sector. Our shares in PPL, Mari Gas, OGDCL were not given b Federal government. Constitutionally 50 percent Shares should be given to the provinces by these departments. We have not been paid our shares since 2010. Samar Mubarakmand spent Rupees 2 billion in Saindak and Reko Diq but got nothing. Entire country was getting gas from Dera Bugti form 1954 but there is no gas in Sui.

Government has allocated sufficient funds for education, health, law and order and women development. No rights have been deprived. New vacancies have been announced. They said due to dry conditions population pressure was increasing on urban areas therefore tehsils should also be included in divisions and district programmes.

Members congratulated Chief Minister, Finance Minister, and Minster for Planning and Development, Chief Secretary and Finance department for their efforts to present a good and balanced budget.

Due to shortage of time, Chief Minister and finance minister would wind up debate Wednesday.

[related_post themes="text" id="316235"]